- Durations (including questions). Each speaker must ensure than his/her presentation (incl. questions) is no longer that that stipulated in the programme. The Chairperson will be strict on timing.
- Oral presentation: 20 minutes
- Invited talk: 30 minutes
- Plenary session: 50 minutes.
110 cm x 90 cm
Selected papers presented to the Iberian Vacuum Conference, RIVA-X, will be published in a special issue of the journal Vacuum. The special issue will be edited by the Guest Editors: J.L. de Segovia and I. Palacio.
The invited speakers and authors of accepted communications are invited to send their manuscripts which would be published as respectively extended or short communication after standard Vacuum refereeing process.
As a guide, extended manuscripts should be approximately 5000 words and short communications about 3000 words. Note that a figure in one column is equivalent to 200 words. Manuscripts should be prepared following the Vacuum guide for authors. There will be no charge for publication in open access and papers will be published after final acceptance by the Vacuum Editor.
Submissions to Vacuum Special Issue will be open from the September 15th to October 3rd 2017.
Steps to submit your manuscript:
- Enter in Vacuum website and select: “Submit your paper”.
- Register in EVISE® – if you are not already registered – and enter in your profile.
- In the first screen, from the dropdown list, select the Issue: VSI: RIVA X-ETCHC-8. It is important that authors select the correct article type when they submit their articles in EVISE®. If authors select the wrong article type their paper may end up publishing in a regular issue and not the special issue.
- The rest of the submission process will be standard.
Vacuum is an international rapid publications journal with a focus on short communication. All papers are peer-reviewed, with the review process for short communication geared towards very fast turnaround times. The journal also published full research papers, thematic issues and selected papers from leading conferences. The impact factor in 2016 was 1.530.
Social activities: congress diner, social event, welcome cocktail
- Guided visits to Guggenheim Museum (included in the inscription fee) at 18h and 19h on Tuesday 3rd. If you are interested, please, fill the form.
- Welcome cocktail is also included in the inscription fee and it will take place at the Bizkaia Aretoa (same place as the scientific sessions) on Wednesday 4th.
- Congress dinner will take place on Thursday 5th. The Sociedad Bilbaína will host us with a menú of 40€/person.
Best poster contest
- Include the Leybold logo in a corner of your poster, so that it can be easily identified. Download the logo here.
- The poster must be presented by a phd student or first-year posdoc.
Prize: 200€ for the winner.
Every participant will receive a 100€ bonus discount when buying any LEYBOLD HISPANICA products or services (for purchases above 500€). To be applied to the student’s or posdoc’s research group.
Grants for students
It will be about 6 grants for students. The grant will cover the inscription fees. To apply, please, after sending the abstract submit the CV and a letter of recommendation from the supervisor to email@example.com indicating in the subject “RIVA grant request”
All the applications have been granted. Please, reflect your status in the registration online form.
Special fares are offered to RIVA-X participants in:
– Single room: 98€
– Double room: 108 €
prices include breakfast. VAT not included.
Some rooms have been blocked for RIVA-X participants in this hotel. RIVA-X participants can make a reservation using the Conference’s acronym (RIVA-X). Call +34 944640194 and ask for the Commercial Department or email directly e.gonivillanueva@nh-
Disclaimer: In view of periodical fluctuations of prices, feel free to use your favorite hotel reservation site to confirm the convenience of this offer.
There will be a 10% reduction on the price by reserving at the youth hostel with the code RIVAX-PILPILBILBAO.